If you’re having trouble with Outlook, one of the first things you can try is creating a new profile. This will delete your old profile and all of its data, so be sure to back up your Outlook data first. Here’s how to create a new profile in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016.
How to: Create A New Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016 Profile
What you’ll need before you start
-A computer running Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016
-An Microsoft Exchange account
-An understanding of how to create and manage Outlook profiles
Creating a new Outlook profile is a pretty simple process, but there are a few things you’ll need before you get started. First, you’ll need a computer running Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016. Next, you’ll need an Microsoft Exchange account. Finally, you’ll need a good understanding of how to create and manage Outlook profiles.
With all that said, let’s get started!
How to create a new profile in Outlook 2007
Assuming you want to create a new profile in Outlook 2007:
1. Start Outlook.
2. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
3. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
4. In the Add New E-mail Account dialog box, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and then click Next.
5. In the Server Settings page, enter the new profile’s settings, and then click Next.
6. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Finish.
How to create a new profile in Outlook 2010
1. Click the File tab.
2. Click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings.
3. On the E-mail tab, click New.
4. Enter the required information, and then click Next.
5. Enter the required information, and then click Finish.
How to create a new profile in Outlook 2013
There are a few steps you need to take in order to create a new profile in Outlook 2013.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Select Mail.
3. Click Show Profiles.
4. Click Add.
5. Enter a name for the new profile.
6. Click OK.
7. Choose the type of account you want to add.
8. Enter the required information for the account.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Finish.
How to create a new profile in Outlook 2016
If you’re having trouble with your Outlook 2016 profile, you can create a new one to see if that fixes the problem. Here’s how:
1. Close Outlook 2016.
2. Go to Control Panel > Mail.
3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, choose Show Profiles.
4. In the Mail dialog box, choose Add.
5. Enter a name for your profile and click OK.
6. In the Add Account dialog box, enter your account information and click Next.
7. Choose Finish.
Your new profile should now be listed in the Mail dialog box. To use it, simply select it and click OK.
If you’re having trouble creating a new Outlook profile, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.
First, make sure that you have the latest version of Outlook installed. If you’re not sure, you can check by going to Help > About in Outlook.
If you’re still having trouble, try creating a new profile from the Control Panel. To do this, go to Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles. From here, you can add a new profile.
If you’re still having issues, it’s possible that your Exchange server is not configured correctly. You can check with your administrator to see if this is the case.
Finally, if you’re still having trouble, you can try resetting Outlook by going to File > Options > Advanced. Under the “Reset” section, click the “Reset” button. This will remove all of your customizations and settings, so you’ll need to set Outlook up again from scratch.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Under the Mail option, click on the Show Profiles button.
3. Click the Add button to create a new profile.
4. Enter a name for the new profile and click OK.
5. Select the type of email account you want to add – POP3, IMAP, or Microsoft Exchange – and click Next.
6. Enter your account information and click Next.
7. Click Finish.
Assuming you have followed the steps above, you should now have a new Outlook profile created. This will allow you to start using Outlook with your new email account. If you run into any issues or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. We’re always happy to help.